This is a common issue & the main driving force for implementing the 'Student Mode' functionality in Verso.
For information, please refer to support article: Can I use my Teacher account to participate in Activities as a student? to see how you can utilise Verso as a student from your existing teacher account.
Currently we're unable to convert accounts from student to teacher & vice-versa. You'll need to remove your credentials from your old account and start fresh.
To free up your personal details to create a new teacher account, please take the following steps:
If you signed up via email address:
- Login to the student account and select 'Settings' from the main menu.
- edit your email address or username by appending with .delete
- click the 'Save' button in the top right hand corner of the page to save your changes. Your email address has now been freed up.
If you signed up with Google / Office 365 or additionally connected these accounts to Verso:
- Login to your student account and head to the settings page as per above.
- Click the 'Set Password' button and add a password to the account. (password must be at least 6 letters long)
- Disconnect the attached Google/Microsoft accounts as required.
- Click 'Save' in the top right hand corner. You will now be able to associate the google/microsoft account with a new teacher account.
If you have any questions, or require further assistance, please click here to create a support ticket.